Monday, October 14, 2013

Radio Silence + Work Space Reveal

I apologize for the radio silence over the weekend. I had every intention on logging on to post, but what my soul needed instead was to be unplugged for a bit. It was so rejuvinating and I'm super excited to share some of my latest projects with you this week.

In the meantime, remember that messy desk we talked about? Well, it took me a bit longer than I intended to get through the piles of procrastination that had been hanging about, but I finally got through it all.

Inspired by the clean new slate I had to work with, I spent some time sprucing things up a bit. and making the space more "me."

Remember what it looked like before?

Stuff everywhere. Multiple cups and mugs, a bowl, piles of work I needed to deal with. No wonder I felt like I could never get anything done.

This is  so much better:

  I rearranged things a bit, giving me a much greater area of "clean space" on the left, which I really love.

I added a new, more clearly-defined In Box with a pretty label that I whipped up in 5 minutes using colored card stock and an Avery address label.

I also brought a few things from home and created a little vignette with a faux potted plant, our wedding picture, and a blue yarn M. This is my favorite part of the new arrangement and I catch myself smiling whenever I look at it.


To the left of my computer is my favorite coffee mug, which is parked on a little knitted mug rug in my favorite colorway (Malabrigo Tortuga, if you're wondering). To the right I have my stack of in progress work (organized by category), my Happy Light, a picture of my niece, and the cutest little crocheted pumpkin ever (a gift from my sweet friend).
 
 
 While this new set up doesn't make me dislike my job any less, it does make it a hundred times more pleasant to be here.
 
While I'm disappointed that it took me longer than I had hoped to finish this project, I'm proud of myelf for seeing it through and sharing with you all in true Don't Think, Just Do fashion.


No comments:

Post a Comment