Saturday, April 21, 2012

Farmer's Market Opening Day


beautiful asparagus heads


Nothing says spring like opening day of the Farmers Market. I have been eagerly counting down to this day for months now. Which is why, even though I had one too many glasses of wine with my hubby last night, I got up before my alarm and was out the door while the rest of the neighborhood was still asleep.

First up was a stop at Starbucks - a grande nonfat chai would fight off the early spring air perfectly.

I wandered the square, taking in the flats of perennials, the rows of jewel-toned jars of preserves, and the vibrant greens of the asparagus, ramps, lettuces, and spinach. I wanted one of everything, but thought better of it when I remembered the crisper drawer full of produce already at home.

I managed to get away with a beautiful bunch of young kale, a pound of fat, tender asparagus, spring onions, and a quarter pound of the meatiest morels I have ever seen. Oh, and a beef stick for Ryan. Always. 



I'm definitely feeling inspired by my bounty for menu planning this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment