Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Inspiration

There's something about the change from summer to autumn that I find so inspiring. Fresh air that isn't weighed down by humidity. Farmers markets bursting from the seams with their bounty, so much plenty before the leaner times of winter. Motivating me to cook, bake, freeze, preserve. I'm doing it now while there is still so much.

 
 
These beauties, picked hours earlier. Apples, pears, and plums. So beautiful that they almost don't look real. Lucky for me, they are.
 
 
 
My neighbor finds leaves a nuisance. This time of year, he is in his yard from sun up to sun down trying to eliminate any evidence of their presence. I love them, though. The contrast of the browns and golds and reds against a backdrop of still green grass. Like a painting, and yet so real.
 

More leaves, with the aged wood of our deck. So imperfect. Yes, this deck needs to be replaced. But it still serves us. We sit on two mismatched chairs in the morning with our coffee and watch the birds. Enjoy a glass of wine together on its steps after a long day of work. I love this deck, even more so in its imperfection.

Inspiring. Beautiful. Real. Imperfect.

I'm not going to get everything right throughout this 31 days. I'm imperfect, too. But how can I help but be motivated with this kind of simple beauty around me.



Are you interested in the rest of 31 Days of Don't Think...Just Do? You can view the whole series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment